Outdoor Facility Equipped
with 2 Tennis Courts and
8 Pickleball Courts
Our facility has both indoor and outdoor fitness options. Click for more information about our indoor Classes and schedule
SAUGEEN SHORES PICKLEBALL CLUB AT LAKESHORE
*To reserve a court call 519 832-9027 or stop in at Lakeshore Reception*
what is pickleball?
• Pickleball is a racquet sport which combines elements of badminton, tennis, and table tennis. The sport is played on a court with the same dimensions as a doubles badminton court. The net is similar to a tennis net, but is mounted two inches lower. The game is played with a hard paddle and a polymer wiffle ball.
• Although pickleball appears to be very similar to tennis, there are key differences that make pickleball more accessible to a wider range of players, particularly children and seniors. Major differences include:
• The speed of the pickleball ball which typically moves at one-third of the average speed of a tennis ball
• The size of the court which is just under one-third of the total area of a tennis court.
The ball is served underhand starting from the right-hand side of the court and is served diagonally to the opponent’s service zone.
Points are scored by the serving side only and occur when the opponent faults (fails to return ball, hits ball out of bounds, etc.). The server continues to serve, alternating service courts, until the server faults. The first side scoring eleven points and leading by at least two points wins.
The return of service must be allowed to bounce by the server and partner i.e. cannot be volleyed. Consequently the server's partner usually stays at the baseline until the first return has been hit back.
For more Pickleball information contact:
Lakeshore Recreation Banquet & Fitness Facility
1177 Goderich Street
Saugeen Shores Pickleball Club
*Schedule is dependent on COVID restrictions*
LEARN TO PLAY PICKLEBALL
LEARN TO PLAY PICKLEBALL at one of our clinics offered in July. These will take place Sundays and Thursdays starting June 15th - Aug 1. Session #1: FOR KIDS: Thursday 6-7pm and Sunday 10:30 am - noon. Session #2: Thursday 7-8 pm and Sunday 12:30 - 2pm. There is a nominal fee of $10 which includes instruction and use of the equipment. *Pre-registration is required by emailing *
Courts are open for members to use. Memberships or day passes ($7) can be paid to Lakeshore Recreation by slipping a cheque or cash through the main doors across the parking lot. Prices are posted and forms and envelopes are provided.
There is NO pre booking a court. You will have to show up and wait your turn. You MUST sign the contact tracing form each time to play.
Shoe tags will be distributed to those who have paid for a seasonal membership.
Please bring your own water and sanitizer.
TENNIS: Courts are available for a maximum of 1 hour per group, changing on the hour. You must come off on the hour if people are waiting to play. If no one is there you may stay on until someone comes to play.
We have 2 full size outdoor courts at our facility. Court rental (without a tennis membership) is as follows:
Adult/Student $7.00/hour 10 punchcard for $50 , Court $20.00/hour *taxes inclusive
Court price is based on 4 people
Adult Tennis Lessons - Private lessons are available. Call Lakeshore Reception at 519 832-9027 for more details.
COURT BOOKING POLICY (once we open our faclity in july):
1. Courts may be reserved anytime 24 hours ahead of time.
2. Only one court may be reserved.
3. No back to back bookings giving the same people 2 hours of court time
4. The player must give their full name and phone # to the reception staff at the time of booking.
5. If you are unable to use your booked time please cancel to open the time for other players
6. Court times are forfeited after 15 minutes if you do not show up for your reservation
7. If the court is not being used by anyone following your reserved court time you may continue using the court for the next 'hour time slot' if requested at reception.
Junior Tennis Lessons:
July 5th - August 27th
2 lessons per week for 8 weeks
Fridays – fun games day with dress up themes
*PRE-REGISTRATION is required*
**Tennis lessons include a Tennis Membership**
$110 + hst per child = $124.30
$300 + hst per family (family: 3+ children in lessons) = $339
1 month of lessons $65+hst = $73.45
1 week of lessons $25+hst = $28.25
1 day of lessons $8.00+hst = $9.05
* Pre-registration required *
TO REGISTER send an email to *Note: A number of our groups are already at capacity
Friday Fundays 2021
July 9 - Canada Day
July 16-Pyjama Day
July 23 - Crazy Hair Day
July 30 - Superhero
JAugust 6 - Favourite Colour
August 13 - Halloween Costume
August 20 - Beach Day
August 27 - Tight and Bright